Sunday, September 19, 2010

If I Stay

     If I Stay is written by Gayle Foreman. It book begins with a teen that takes a drive with her family one snowy morning and ends losing her whole family in a crash. She is severely hurt but alive and is left to decides if she wants to stay or give up on life. The books more interesting her spirit wandering the hospital and recalls events of her life. The book gets sad when her family, friends, and boyfriend come visit her in the hospital. The main idea of the story is about Mia's decision on if she wanted to die or to choose life.
    I really liked the story and found it hard to put the book down. It made me very sad but showed me the love of family and that young love does exist. I would recommend anyone to read it. I heard a rumor of a movie version coming out but the movie is never same as the book.
    The way the book is written is that her spirit floats around the hospital seeing her friends and extended family. As she sees them and decides if she wants to die, she remembers certain memories. So the book isn't written by chapter, but by relevance to the story.   Because of this, I would use a thought web to write notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment